Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1997-13 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: Getting impatient

From: Dongerous! <fastslow@idt.net>
Date: Tue, 10 Jun 1997 20:38:27 -0800
Subject: Re: Getting impatient
To: Richard Bensam <rabensam@earthlink.net>
Cc: Love-Hounds <love-hounds@gryphon.com>

At 6:29 PM -0800 6-10-97, Richard Bensam wrote:
>Dongerous wrote:
>
>>I wish someone in her entourage would kick her in the butt and make her
>>tour. Hey, we've been patient LONG enough (19 years in my case!).
>
>Are you sure you haven't posted to this group under another name in the
>past?

No. Have you?

>It's just that you seem to be slowly working your way through all
>the old chestnuts that people have trolled Love-Hounds with in the past.

Perhaps those aren't trolls. Perhaps there are recurring themes in a
discussion of KB and her career.

>Kate takes too long to make each album...

I didn't say that. I said that a four-year vacation is ludicrous, when you
consider that all she does is record. I have no problem with her spending
four years making a record. I do, however, this it's pretty feckless to
take four years off and THEN start writing.

>Kate owes her fans undying gratitude...

This is ridiculous. I never said that.

>Kate doesn't understand anything about real life...

Do you think she does? C'mon.

>and now, Kate should be forced to tour against her will.

That's a bit of an overstatement. I think she should be STRONGLY encouraged
by those around her to be more productive and not take four-year vacations.

> Throw in a snide comment
>about Kate gaining weight and you'll have a complete set of all the
>classics!

Who cares what she weighs?

>(Suggesting that vegetarian Kate work in a burger joint was a
>new one, though.)

Thanks.

>I'm prepared to accept that these haven't been trolls -- that you're just
>sincerely expressing your honest opinions -- if you say so.

Of course I'm just expressing my opinions.

> But I've never
>understood those people in newsgroups, mailing lists, or any other form of
>discussion who can't be content to simply state their opinions and let it
>go at that.  Instead, they have to argue it out with anyone who disagrees.

This is preposterous. The point of a discussion group is to have a
DISCUSSION...not just to simply state an opinion and disappear. If someone
addresses me, I give them the courtesy of a reply. What's the problem?

>Saying the same things over and over again.  Some people love The Ninth
>Wave.  You don't.  Fine, we've established that.  Can we move on?

I haven't posted that many times about it. Many other people have weighed
in on the discussion. That's great. That's why I subscribed...to hear other
people's opinions. The best way to get those opinions is to enter in
DISCUSSIONS, not simultaneous monologues.

>New topic:  Would Daria Morgendorfer like Kate Bush?  Probably not.

I would think not, but only because of the generation gap. I think a 1978
DM would have been much more likely to be into KB.

>  Would Kate like Daria?  Oh yes indeed!  Discuss.

Who wouldn't like Daria? She's the greatest.

Now, is this ALL I'm allowed to say on the subject, your highness?

>RAB
>(Enjoying Kate for 19 years and not feeling the least bit impatient.  With
>her, anyway.)

-Don
(Enjoying Kate for 19 years and don't think that the expansion of her
horizons or the improvement of her work ethic would be a bad thing...how
about having the Dust Brothers produce KB's next album? The Beastie Boys'
"Paul's Boutique" and Beck's "Odelay" are two of the most creative albums
of the last decade. It wouldn't hurt Kate to tear out some of that
insulation and interact with someone who would really make a
difference....I'd bet Daria would approve of that!)

"Don't worry, I don't have low self-esteem. It's a mistake. I have low
esteem for everyone else." - Daria Morgendorfer of "Daria" in "Esteemers"

"Winner? You know, it's another word for loser" - Jane Lane of "Daria" in
"Malled"