Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1997-13 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: Getting impatient

From: sewiv@izzy5.izzy.net (Sanford E. Walke IV)
Date: 11 Jun 1997 18:19:20 GMT
Subject: Re: Getting impatient
To: rec-music-gaffa@nac.no
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa

Dongerous! (fastslow@idt.net) wrote:

>That's a bit of an overstatement. I think she should be STRONGLY encouraged
>by those around her to be more productive and not take four-year vacations.

Ummmm.  Why?  Why should she be "more productive"?  Why shouldn't she do
whatever she damn well pleases, and record or write when she feels like it?
It's her life, it's her art, it's her money.  She doesn't "owe" us anything,
she's not working for us, she's not in any way accountable to us, and that's
how it should be.

Fine, you're disappointed that she doesn't produce more albums more quickly.
Too bad.  She doesn't.  That's just her way, and nothing you say is likely
to change it, nor should it be.

--
Sandy                                                   sewiv@izzy.net
Honesty is paramount to me.  Lying to me to avoid hurting me never works.