Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1997-11 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: Infant Kiss

From: "Alan Chamberlin" <abckid@ix.netcom.com>
Date: Fri, 30 May 1997 10:16:23 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: Re: Infant Kiss
To: rec-music-gaffa@uunet.uu.net
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa

Namaka <ASTRO3@ids.net> wrote in article <33625A9E.741B@ids.net>...
> Hi,
>   I'm kind of new to the list but I wonder if any one could help me.
>
> Excuse me if I am missing the obvious: What is Breathing,
> and The Infant Kiss really about.  I know there are obvious
> lyrics in the song, but i wondered if there are any deeper meanings
> that I am not getting.

Breathing is an anti-bomb song.  It is told from the point of view of a
child in the womb when the "bomb" is dropped ("Chips of plutonium are
twinkling in every lung.").  Mid-way through the song the mother gives
birth ("Out!!").

"What are we going to do now?"

Infant Kiss is about a nanny who has a precocious child under her care who
is making sexual advances towards her.  The problem is that she is feeling
the same way towards the child.  ("All my barriers are falling.").

Greatly simplified but there you are.

--
Alan Chamberlin
http://www.geocities.com/Heartland/Plains/8939

"Those who do not learn from history are doomed to repeat it."
Santayana