Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1997-11 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: Infant Kiss

From: Raven Tompkins <rtompkin@indiana.edu>
Date: Fri, 30 May 1997 10:16:14 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: Re: Infant Kiss
To: rec-music-gaffa@nac.no
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa

Namaka wrote:

> Hi,
>   I'm kind of new to the list but I wonder if any one could help me.
>
> Excuse me if I am missing the obvious: What is Breathing,
> and The Infant Kiss really about.  I know there are obvious
> lyrics in the song, but i wondered if there are any deeper meanings
> that I am not getting.

Welcome to the list! This is just what I get out of Breathing. It's one
of my favorites. The obvious for me is the aftermath of a nuclear
conflict. What hits my gut is those times in my life when I've felt
suffocated by end of a relationship, a job I can't stand, etc. It
brings me back to that fundamental act and reminds me that as long
as I'm breathing there's hope.

Raven