Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1996-46 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: Tori, videos, etc.

From: Matt Humphrey <stock@capital.net>
Date: Tue, 03 Dec 1996 15:27:15 +0000
Subject: Re: Tori, videos, etc.
To: love-hounds@gryphon.com
Sender: owner-love-hounds

Hi,
     I'm new to this group and have been listening in on the
discussions.  First off I'd just like to say that the Kate vs. Tori
bit is getting really annoying really fast.  Just my opinion, but I
call 'em like I see 'em.
     About Kate's early videos . . . when you consider what "videos"
were in the late 70's-early 80's, pre-MTV, Kate's were pretty unique
and refreshing.  Someone mentioned Duran Duran--check out how
primitive and goofy "Hungry Like the Wolf" looks in 1996.  DD's visual
brilliance really came of age around '83;  If Kate's '81-82
"Dreaming"-era videos weren't on par, the "HOL" stuff in '85
unquestionably made up for it.
     Concerning the Love-Hounds video collection, I'd be interested to
know what's on it.  I already have a copy of the Xmas TV special w/
PG, but I'm sure there's probably plenty that I'm lacking (anyone have
the RUTH "Wogan" video that was shown here in the US as THE video?)

Matt  (aka "Stock")

http://www.capital.net/users/stock/

"[The United States] can't be so fixed on our desire to preserve
 the rights of ordinary Americans."    --- Bill Clinton 1993-03-01
 during a press conference in Piscataway, NJ