Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1996-46 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Whole Story Video Crisis

From: Kelley Hays-Gilpin <Kelley.Hays-Gilpin@nau.edu>
Date: Tue, 03 Dec 1996 14:44:48 -0700 (MST)
Subject: Whole Story Video Crisis
To: love-hounds@gryphon.com
A1-type: MAIL
Alternate-recipient: prohibited
Sender: owner-love-hounds
UA-content-id: A2013ZWPHL363G

I think Laurie is about the 10th person besides me to post this
month that we North Americans MUST have the Whole Story video
in NTSC, but alas, it is out of print.  It is available in the
UK from Pastel Blue, but in PAL format, and from CDNow in N.Am.
but only on laserdisc.  Going out and spending $300 on a laserdisc
player is not an option.  Help, somebody, what ARE the options?
If something is out of print, is it legal to copy it?  Could
we chip in on a laserdisc, find somebody special and generous
to copy it onto tapes for us, or what?  Can the Whole Story
pass into the Lovehounds Collection tape-tree system once
out of print in one format, does it have to go out of print in
all countries and formats, or is it forever copyrighted (this
last would be my guess, alas)?

I lost the bidding war on the last copy that was offered here,
but if somebody has one, I have lots of interesting stuff to
trade, such as the Cann & Mays "Visual Documentary" book...

going nuts at 7000 feet in Arizona (winter blues, need more KaTe),
Kelley (at this moment listening to Tori--ha!)
kelley.hays-gilpin@nau.edu