Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1996-46 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Various

From: Len Bullard <cbullard@HiWAAY.net>
Date: Tue, 03 Dec 1996 12:53:12 -0600
Subject: Various
To: love-hounds@gryphon.com
Sender: owner-love-hounds

Re:  Another Day

I would like to get a copy of the Lovehounds video
with the rare footage of the christmas special.
This sounds like most of the vids I've never seen.
Somewhere, I'd love to see the original Saturday
Night Live performance.

laurie writes:

> i would love to like Jane Siberry, but her voice just
> gets on my nerves!

I've taken Kate's recordings to several DJs over the years,
most of them women.  They all had the same reply:  "her
voice gets on my nerves".  I suspect it
is a personal thing.  Alannis Morrisette's voice gets on
my nerves.

>Please don't take this the wrong way, everyone, but
>is it a sign of respect to call someone a God or Goddess? It seems to me
>that to do that is to deny the person the right to be a human, and to
>have a bad day, and to make mistakes, and to be real.

I agree.  Further, were it me, it would scare the hell out of
me because people who discover their gods are not can be
rather disappointed and retributive.  Sometimes it is better if not
harmful, to let them go on with it.  We could stop and say, all
godWorship is harmful, but I think observation contradicts it.
My opinion is as long as Cathy is not harmed, Kate is up to it.

>I'm not saying that anyone should stop (i wouldn't presume), i just want to know the >thought processes behind that. 8)

I can't speak for others. Perhaps surrendering so much
love to a stranger might be more acceptable if the stranger is
superhuman because one can always say, it is beyond one's control,
and accept that love is not returned.

Surrendering so much to a human by choice, well, that is what
human love is, isn't it?  Maybe that is scarier for some.

len bullard
http:\\fly.hiwaay.net\~cbullard