Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1996-46 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: Kate the sculptress ....new news !

From: Julian Shaw <julian@dragonfire.demon.co.uk>
Date: Thu, 5 Dec 1996 20:46:05 +0000
Subject: Re: Kate the sculptress ....new news !
To: rec-music-gaffa@moderators.uu.net
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa
Sender: owner-love-hounds

[Re-post]

In article <16CFF986813@acadamh.ucd.ie>, SEAN TWOMEY ARCHAEOLOGY PG
<twomeys@acadamh.ucd.ie> writes
>The January issue of Q magazine reports that Kate will be invoved in
>an exhibition of musicians art based on their own musical idols.
>It will be in aid of the War Child charity.
>Kates' contribution will pay tribute to Billie Holliday.
>Other stars involved will include Luciano Pavarotti, Gary Barlow,
>Brian Eno, Lou Reed and Q show a photo of Yoko Onos' contribution of
>a sculpture of John Lennons glasses.
>
>The works will be auctioned off on Feb 4 and will be open to public
>viewing.

The KBC newsletter (15) confirms all the above, and adds that they "will
be exhibited to the general public in the Economist Plaza in St. James'
Street, London from 6th to 16th February".

>Also in this magazine is a review of Skippys new album which devotes
>a page to Emancipation. My Computer is singled out as "probably the
>finest" song and even a "career highlight" of his !!

Considering that Kate appears on it I am not at all surprised. :-)

Julian

http://www.gryphon.com/gaffa
   Gaffaweb - The best Kate web site on the planet, bar none.
http://www.dragonfire.demon.co.uk/index.html
   A modest contribution. Some nice pictures though.