Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1996-41 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

The Sensual World, and Donovan

From: jgower@mtholyoke.edu (Jeff Gower)
Date: Fri, 18 Oct 1996 10:32:00 -0400
Subject: The Sensual World, and Donovan
To: love-hounds@gryphon.com
Sender: owner-love-hounds

>>7. Sensual World. Time Magazine gave this album a two-word review: Press
>>Delete.
>Am I the only one who REALLY likes this cd??

No Patrick, you are not.  I also think this is one of my favorite CDs,
because it is just "like butta", as Mike Myers would say.  Anyway, it is
one of those CDs that once it starts playing, I don't move until the whole
thing is over.  The same is true for The Dreaming and Hounds of Love.

On another topic, I know that Kate did a version of Donovan's "Lord of the
Reedy River".  I am a big fan of Donovan also.  Does Kate acknowledge
anywhere any influence or any special enthusiasm for Donovan's work, or was
this just a one-shot off-the-wall thing?  Just curious.

Jeff