Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1996-41 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: The Sensual World, and Donovan

From: Richard Bensam <rabensam@earthlink.net>
Date: Fri, 18 Oct 1996 23:38:44 -0500
Subject: Re: The Sensual World, and Donovan
To: Love-Hounds <love-hounds@gryphon.com>
Sender: owner-love-hounds

Jeff Gower wrote:

>On another topic, I know that Kate did a version of Donovan's "Lord of the
>Reedy River".  I am a big fan of Donovan also.  Does Kate acknowledge
>anywhere any influence or any special enthusiasm for Donovan's work, or was
>this just a one-shot off-the-wall thing?  Just curious.

As a matter of fact, this topic is covered in the Gaffaweb Dictionary (also
known as "Them Heavy People") under the letter "D" (for "Donovan") which
can be found at the address listed below.  Credit where credit is due, the
Gaffaweb information largely comes from Richard Caley's splendiferous
Cloudbusting site...the URL of which I do not have at hand at the moment --
sorry, Richard! -- but it is listed in the FAQ, and Cloudbusting is also
slated to become part of Gaffaweb in the Very Near Future.

Oops.  Now that Donovan has a new album out -- with Danny Thompson on bass,
BTW -- his entry in the Dictionary needs to be updated.

RAB

Richard Bensam Home Page
http://home.earthlink.net/~rabensam/

Gaffaweb: A Tribute To Kate Bush And Her Fans
http://www.gryphon.com/gaffa/