Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1996-41 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: Don't Give Up

From: Robb McCaffree <nsrjm@nursepo.medctr.ucla.edu>
Date: Sat, 19 Oct 1996 00:02:40 -0700
Subject: Re: Don't Give Up
To: rec-music-gaffa@ucsd.edu
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa
Sender: owner-love-hounds

Jodie O'Keefe wrote:

> Hi All,
>
> I am looking to buy the song "Don't give up" but have no idea what album it
> is on?
> Can anyone help?  Btw has anyone heard the version of Don't Give Up with
> Peter Gabriel
> and Sinead OConnor.  Apprently it is very good.

As far as I know, the only rerecordings done of DGU were a poor
recording of Kate with Peter Gabriel at one of his concerts in
1987(?) (available only on the bootleg This Womans Work Live)
and a better quality recording of Peter with up-and-comer Paula
Cole (available on his legitimate 2-CD live album). Peter does
do a song with Sinead, though the song title escapes me at the
moment. It was not DGU.

Please inform me otherwise if I'm wrong,

Robb