Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1996-41 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

UNfair slams of _Lionheart_ and _TSW_!

From: "Larry J. Hernandez" <alundra@flash.net>
Date: Fri, 18 Oct 1996 10:57:38 -0700
Subject: UNfair slams of _Lionheart_ and _TSW_!
To: Love-Hounds@uunet.uu.net
Sender: owner-love-hounds

Hi everyone,

I've been catching up on L-H digests, and must have glossed
over these completely unfair and harmful comments dared by
ttuerff@primenet.com (Tom Tuerff):

> 6. Lionheart. Can you say, "Sophomore Curse?" Kate doesn't like this
>    album,

Talk about stretching things! I have never read of Kate saying
such a thing.  Besides, who CARES what Kate says about her albums!?
I don't happen to like some of my early technical manuals anymore,
but that doesn't mean that they weren't useful for some customers
and still may be!

> and neither do most people.

How in the H* did you come to this conclusion?  For one thing, this
statement is completely misleading: NONE of Kate's albums are, as
you intimate, "completely disliked" by her fans! I invite anyone except
Stev0 who really does not like the entire _Lionheart_ album to come
forward and embarrass themselves. The album contains some of Kate's
greatest
songs (SiB, CH, DPYFOTH, etc.). How you can completely diss this
album is simply ridiculous and unfair to Kate or her fans, especially
new fans.

> Even in early fan magazines, this album
> was always people's least favorite.

"Least favorite" I can take.  Dumb, but I can take it...

> But, that was before she recorded...

7. Sensual World. Time Magazine gave this album a two-word review:
   Press Delete. (It's a reference to one of the songs on the album.)
   I couldn't agree more,

ROTFL!  So, that bastion of popular music review, "Time Magazine,"
didn't like _TSW_.  Ha ha!   I hear "People" magazine didn't even
review the disc; this must truly mean that the album is worthless.
You couldn't agree more, huh?  How sad. "Love and Anger" is Kate's
greatest work, imho this week...

:^)  May I suggest that you rely on real music magazines as to
     whether you should try a new album release. :) Time?? ROTFL!

>   but you'll find that those people who discovered Kate with this album
>   tend to place it higher.

That happens.  And it's fine!  My first Kate was _Lionheart_.  If I
had to actually "rank" her albums, _Lionheart_ would end up near the
bottom, but for Kate's sake, this does NOT mean that I don't like it!

Larry (alundra@flash.net)  "Quotes are very dangerous things." -KB