Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1996-39 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: Billboards

From: Ken Glasson <xtr36595301@xtra.co.nz>
Date: Sat, 12 Oct 1996 12:23:29 -0700
Subject: Re: Billboards
To: Julian Shaw <julian@dragonfire.demon.co.uk>
CC: rec-music-gaffa@moderators.uu.net
Sender: owner-love-hounds

Julian Shaw wrote:

> Kate must be well aware that all her fans worldwide would give just
> about anything to see her "live". She must therefore have very strong
> reasons for *not* touring. Whatever they are, we should respect them. Do
> you *honestly* think that putting a billboard up outside her house is
> going to have any effect on her decision? The only thing it's likely to
> achieve is to cause her considerable embarrassment and invade her
> privacy. (This is particularly true if she is a very private person,
> which by all indications and accounts she is.) Ask yourself if you
> really want to be responsible for that?
>
> If you really want to try and persuade her to do something she clearly
> doesn't want to do, then you could try writing to her or perhaps take
> out advertising space in the music press. At least try that first.
>
> Julian

I think I have to agree. I appreciate Kate for the art she gives us, but
I also think that her private life is her own. If she doesn't want to
tour, then I can always keep my fingers crossed.

I'm sure that she has a regular fan club which has more members than talk
in this newsgroup. If they have regular contact with Kate, then surely
this would be a more private way in which to work on her touring rather
than a billboard.

I'm hoping the billboard is not really serious because to be blunt - it would
piss me off.

As for her house, I always thought she lived in a world other than our own.

Ken.