Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1996-34 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: Kate Bush should tour

From: garagesail@aol.com (Mark B. Weber)
Date: Wed, 7 Aug 1996 17:27:54 GMT
Subject: Re: Kate Bush should tour
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa
Sender: owner-love-hounds

In article <4u94b5$2a7@froboz.magic.mb.ca>, jadsam@magic.mb.ca says...
> I just finished watching Kate live at Hammersmith Odeon and am
lamenting
> the fact that she never tours and apparently never will tour. It is a
> shame that her genius on the stage cannot be seen. I know this is naive
> but maybe if we had an internet address for her or an ordinary street
> address we could beg her to go out again on tour and let all of us
> diehard fans enjoy a live concert that would be second to none!
>
> I am very curious if anybody knows why she never tours? It seems odd to
> me but I must assume she simply doesn't like it(perhaps similar to
> Barbara Steisand who also didn't tour for many many years).
>
>From what I've heard in the interviews, her pat answer is that she
doesn't have the time to devote to touring. It is quite a shame that a
performer is incredible as her only tours once.

You're probably right. She will never tour again.

But my one long standing wish is that she will do a limited tour (10
cities or so worldwide) with Peter Gabriel. For her to tour again, she
would need a real veteran there and who better. They could trade off on
top billing each night. Call me crazy but there it is.

--
Mark B. Weber
salehouse@aol.com