Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1996-34 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: Angry

From: ScottWeb <scwebb@indy.netramp.net>
Date: Mon, 05 Aug 1996 21:55:00 -0500
Subject: Re: Angry
To: love-hounds@uunet.uu.net
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa
Sender: owner-love-hounds

Chris Stock wrote:

> I'm getting really angry at (myself and others) being patronised just
> because I am not `the greatest Kate Bush fan in the universe'.
> Just because I don't have every single piece of recorded material by KB it
> doesn't mean I can't enjoy the music and participate in this group.

I agree totally.  I am interested in your perspective.  Becoming
a Kate Bush fan without ever having heard The Dreaming must have been
a totally different experience than what most of us went through.
What got you hooked in the first place?

I am also inadequate in my Kate collection.  Here's something to think
about:  Which shows more loyalty to the artist? Obtaining everything
that exists or only what the artist intends for her (or his) listeners?

> to the poor chap who had not heard The Dreaming (like myself) were to say
> the least, condescending and unneccesary.

I'm not condenscending you, but you must go get it NOW!

> |  Chris (chris@turmoil.demon.co.uk)  | `Trying to catch up'

I'm jealous, I wish I was a virgin again!

ScottWeb