Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1996-34 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: Angry

From: Chris Stock <Chris@turmoil.demon.co.uk>
Date: Wed, 7 Aug 96 13:15:28 GMT
Subject: Re: Angry
To: love-hounds@uunet.uu.net
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa
Sender: owner-love-hounds

ScottWeb (scwebb@indy.netramp.net) wrote:
: Chris Stock wrote:
: >
: > I'm getting really angry at (myself and others) being patronised just
: > because I am not `the greatest Kate Bush fan in the universe'.
: > Just because I don't have every single piece of recorded material by KB it
: > doesn't mean I can't enjoy the music and participate in this group.
:
: I agree totally.  I am interested in your perspective.  Becoming
: a Kate Bush fan without ever having heard The Dreaming must have been
: a totally different experience than what most of us went through.
: What got you hooked in the first place?

I was entirely consumed by the first side of TKI (remember when albums had
`sides' :+)  ....I listened to it over and over for weeks.
Then, strangely, no interest until I heard The Whole Story MUCH later.
This fanned the flame and the rest is history.....

: I am also inadequate in my Kate collection.  Here's something to think
: about:  Which shows more loyalty to the artist? Obtaining everything
: that exists or only what the artist intends for her (or his) listeners?

I agree it is not important to get everything, but how can we evaluate what
an artist intends?

: > to the poor chap who had not heard The Dreaming (like myself) were to say
: > the least, condescending and unneccesary.
:
: I'm not condenscending you, but you must go get it NOW!

Is tomorrow soon enough?

: I'm jealous, I wish I was a virgin again!

So do I! :+)

  |  Chris (chris@turmoil.demon.co.uk)  |