Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1996-34 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: Angry

From: Brian Gallagher <briang@efn.org>
Date: Mon, 05 Aug 1996 10:15:18 -0800
Subject: Re: Angry
To: rec-music-gaffa@uunet.uu.net
To: Chris Stock <Chris@turmoil.demon.co.uk>
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa
Sender: owner-love-hounds

Chris Stock wrote:

> I'm getting really angry at (myself and others) being patronised just
> because I am not `the greatest Kate Bush fan in the universe'.
> Just because I don't have every single piece of recorded material by KB it
> doesn't mean I can't enjoy the music and participate in this group.
> I only have 5 albums (which I listen to regularly) and the recent comments
> to the poor chap who had not heard The Dreaming (like myself) were to say
> the least, condescending and unneccesary.
>
> Thank You. (Flames anticipated)
>
>   .-------------------------------------.
>   |  Chris (chris@turmoil.demon.co.uk)  | `Trying to catch up'
>   `-------------------------------------'

Chris, you say you're "trying to catch up." It appears that many of
those who are all "caught up" in Kate's work failed to learn a thing
from it. Pearls before swine. I'm sure Kate would not consider you less
of a person had you not heard/appreciated/over-analyzed everything SHE
considers important. In fact, I don't think she is status-oriented at
all, even though some of her "fans" seem to be. Don't let the morons get
you down. Keep listening to your heart's content. Make music of your
own! People who prefer the comfort of crowds over the clarity of
perception should remain beneath your notice.

Brian