Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1996-19 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Eyebrows [Re: Scary films (only marginally Kate-related)]

From: Craig Heath <craig@sco.COM>
Date: Tue, 23 Apr 96 18:36:02 BST
Subject: Eyebrows [Re: Scary films (only marginally Kate-related)]
To: love-hounds@gryphon.com
Sender: owner-love-hounds

Violet wrote:
> Watch "The Company of Wolves"...

Chris replied:
:    Great film. For a Kate connection...the main advice given to the heroine
: by her granny is "never trust a man [whose] eyebrows meet in the middle."

:    In _The Line, The Cross & The Curve_ Miranda Richardson's eyebrows
: do exactly that.

:    Is this an old Irish or English superstition, [or] did Kate get it
: from the film?

Well, I certainly remember my (English) mother telling me that when
I was a child (that's a few decades ago), so it does appear to be a
tradition, in England at least.

        - Craig @ SCO near London.
                (whose eyebrows meet, slightly, in the middle:-)