Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1996-19 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: Kate being a "witch"

From: jb593@bard.edu (Jamie Blackman)
Date: 23 Apr 1996 18:28:57 GMT
Subject: Re: Kate being a "witch"
To: rec-music-gaffa@uunet.uu.net
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa
Sender: owner-love-hounds

Chris Williams (chrisw@miso.wwa.com) wrote:

:    IMO, most of the people that had been burned as "witches" in Salem
: in the US were not. They were women unlucky enough to own something
: that a powerful man wanted. Or victims of hysterical allegations by teenage
: girls. Or were lesbians. Or any number of things. It was a handy excuse
: to kill any "inconvenient" woman.

As a matter of historical fact, not anyone's opinion, those burned as
"witches" at Salem in 1692, three of whom were my
several-times-great-grandmother and her two sisters, were nothing of the
kind.

Any of you who frequent rec.music.industrial should be familiar with the
"what does KMFDM stand for?" thread, which annoys the hell out of
everyone. This thread is a similarly idiotic discussion, as it serves
only to obscure the real issue: What is Kate? Kate is a _musician_....

Go ahead and flame me. This thread is stupid and I wish it would die. I
will not post to it again, I promise.

-JB