Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1996-19 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: Kate being a "witch"

From: robh@conch.aa.msen.com (Robert Henderson)
Date: 23 Apr 1996 16:42:16 -0400
Subject: Re: Kate being a "witch"
To: rec-music-gaffa@uunet.uu.net
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa
Sender: owner-love-hounds

In article <199604200947.EAA01013@sky.net>,
Chris Williams <chrisw@miso.wwa.com> wrote:
>>Not true.....most real practicing witches/pagans do not go around
>>broadcasting it. It is very sacred to them.
>
>   HAH! Given the number of "pagans" constantly trumpeting their beliefs,
>especially here on Love-Hounds, I *have* to laugh. If you search the archives
>you'll find that "witches" and "pagans" have pretty much been the *only*
>religious prosletizers on Love-Hounds. "Broadcasting" is *exactly* what
>they have done with *very* annoying regularity.

As with any religious group, there are a few pagans who broadcast their
beliefs loudly, and many more who quietly believe what they believe.

>>>P.P.S. To any other "witches" out there, bite me, ok? I have no more
>>>interest in your beliefs than I do christianity. At least those who
>>>grow up in a religion have some excuse for possessing a set of
>>>beliefs. Adopting a religion as fashion is nauseating.

Chris, I seem to recall that in December of 1993 you promised
never to post anything on this subject again.  I wish you could
keep your promises.  I really used to like you, y'know that?  Now
I wonder why...
--
RobH (or Rob Henderson, if you prefer) / robh@mail.msen.com / MW Q++
You crush the lily in my soul.  (Kate Bush)