Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1996-19 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: Kate being a "witch"

From: chrisw@miso.wwa.com (Chris Williams)
Date: Sun, 21 Apr 96 04:14:29 GMT
Subject: Re: Kate being a "witch"
To: love-hounds@gryphon.com
Sender: owner-love-hounds@gryphon.com

>I really don't understand, what's so terrible about being a witch?
>
>If you look back in history, the only people which have been prosecuted for
>being witches, where people, which understood a little bit more about
>nature, an the power of the spirit(your own spirit)

   IMO, most of the people that had been burned as "witches" in Salem
in the US were not. They were women unlucky enough to own something
that a powerful man wanted. Or victims of hysterical allegations by teenage
girls. Or were lesbians. Or any number of things. It was a handy excuse
to kill any "inconvenient" woman.

>There is an old book (The Bible) in which you can read something like "faith
>can move a mountain"
>
>If you really believe this little line, you will be able to move the
>mountain without any tools!
>
>I know, this sounds very crazy, but its true.

   A fact that can be shown by the large number of displaced mountains
all around the world. :-)

   We can't even get Kate to tour. Concentrate on getting her to tour,
forget mountains.