Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1996-13 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: Katemas 96 - gets earlier each year

From: braffet@hawaii.edu (Elizabeth Braffet)
Date: Mon, 11 Mar 1996 21:03:12 GMT
Subject: Re: Katemas 96 - gets earlier each year
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa
Sender: owner-love-hounds@gryphon.com

> SamiT007@aol.com wrote:
> > Does anyone know anything yet about plans for this years' Kate-mas parties?

You know I've never liked the title Kate-mas for our Kate worshipping parties.
(Visions of a massive Kate come to mind, hmph!)  I've often felt that an more
appropiate title for a party, given K.B.'s Irish connection, would be a
KaTe Ceilidh (pronounced kay-lee, the gallic word for party).  I am told that in
Scotland and Ireland when one attends a Ceilidh it is expected that you
will share
a story, a song, or some other talent that you may have with the rest of
the revellers.  Wouldn't it be fun to hear all of these "favorite tour"
stories told live, or hear the
likes of Violet sing?  Perhaps one of these days I'll hold a KaTe Ceilidh
of my own,
you are all fanatical enough to fly to Hawaii just for one party aren't
you?  No?!
Maybe if I could persuade Kate to come...

Aloha,
-Elizabeth