Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1996-13 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: US KaTe tour reminiscences

From: andrew_m_gough@ccm.ch.intel.com (Andy Gough)
Date: Mon, 11 Mar 1996 20:31:26 GMT
Subject: Re: US KaTe tour reminiscences
To: rec-music-gaffa@uunet.uu.net
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa
Sender: owner-love-hounds@gryphon.com

Charley.Darbo@harpercollins.com (Charley Darbo) wrote:
[snip]
>have it on tape, but the quality's not good.  You can just barely hear
>Kate say "Y'all come back now, y'hear?").  And I think that was the show
>where I saw her do that hilarious impersonation of Neal Young with
>"Southern Man," though that may have been the previous tour (when she
>traveled with that huge "Breathing" set made for her by Habitrail) when
>I saw her in  Corpus Christi, Albuquerque, and Nome.
>   But I'll save that for another time.
>         --charleydarbo

Hey, were you one of those guys in the pink and green VW minibus that
was going around to all the concerts?  If so, I saw you in Detroit,
when KaTe played Pine Knob.

You must have had Mike Meyers with you, as I can still remember you
guys on top of your bus screaming, "We're not worthy!!! We're not
worthy!!!" while feverishly bowing in her direction.  Mike must have
borrowed that later for Wayne's World.

You didn't have Trent Reznor with you, did you?  Maybe he saw you at a
concert, though, and later used the experience when coming up with the
line, "Bow down before the one your serve" for his _Head_Like_A_Hole_
song.

Regards,
Andy

Disclaimer:
     All views expressed are my own opinions, and not necessarily
     those of Intel Corporation.
 Andy Gough                     |  Internet: andrew_m_gough@ccm.ch.intel.com
 Intel Corporation  CH5-131     |  ICBM    : 111^55'42" W; 33^18'23" N
 5000 W. Chandler Blvd.         |      "Knowledge is power."
 Chandler, AZ  85226            |                -- Francis Bacon