Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1996-13 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Katemas 96 - gets earlier each year

From: btd@carina.cray.com (Bryan Dongray)
Date: Sat, 9 Mar 1996 22:57:05 -0600 (CST)
Subject: Katemas 96 - gets earlier each year
To: Love-Hounds@uunet.uu.net
Sender: owner-love-hounds@gryphon.com

SamiT007@aol.com wrote:
> Does anyone know anything yet about plans for this years' Kate-mas parties?
> How can I get details?  Does anyone know if there's one planned in the upper
> Midwest (U.S.A.) area?
	:
	:
> P.S.  Remind me sometime to tell y'all the story of the "Lutefisk Leg" of
> KaTe's north American tour in the Upper Midwest, back in the late '80's.

Firstly, where do you mean by "upper Midwest". With reference to "Lutefisk"
it sounds possibly like Minnesota? I'm in Minneapolis, MN, well 20 miles
south in a suburb called Apple Valley. Last year I *really* should have
gone to Chris & Vickies of Chicago, but it was a few weeks early, so didn't
fit my schedule.

Secondly, details (if previous years are anything to go by) will appear
about a month before-hand, with regular updates posted, so you'll have
plenty of warning about where to go.

Thirdly, one thing I thought would be nice, is to find a world map, of
reasonable scale, and get folks to post their location, eg just a one
liner, with distance to nearest big town/city and country, and those
interested could get out some pins or whatever and we could see where
we're all located around the world. I have guessed a few from TimeZones
and email addresses, but that's not pretty good accuracy.

	"Can't you see where memories are kept bright?"

			Bryan Dongray