Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1996-13 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: Kate's affair -- proof?

From: Angel Bracamontes <nsab2@nursepo.medctr.ucla.edu>
Date: Sat, 09 Mar 1996 23:57:09 -0800
Subject: Re: Kate's affair -- proof?
To: rec-music-gaffa@ucsd.edu
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa
Sender: owner-love-hounds@gryphon.com

violet@slip.net wrote:

> P.S. By the way, am I correct in recalling that there was quite a downpour
> during that Holly Bowl show?  I seem to remember reading that Peter
> launched into an acappella "Here Comes the Flood" that left the crowd in
> tears.

Well, yes, we were in tears, but that was mainly due to the
possibility of our homes being washed away in the imminent
California mudslides.

Now that I've delurked, I must mention my favorite concert
series of Kate's, the "Experiment Tour, Experiment Tour." I
caught it in Richmond, Virginia. I just loved the way Kate
flew out over the audience as the angel and then transformed
into the monster for the title song.

It's a shame that the brilliance of the show was marred when
the Auraliminator (tm) got caught on the Time And Time Again
Machine (tm) and wiped out the settler's colony at Roanoke.
Ah well. I can think of no better way to die than by being
subjected to an overpowering burst of Kate's voice.

Say, did anyone else reading here catch this show? When she
did the flying bit, I...well, I should probably be committed
for even saying this, but I couldn't see any wires. And I
*really* looked for them, too. Mmm, maybe I'd just dropped
way too much of that stuff from the souvenir stand. What
were they calling it? Organonic Acid?

Robb