Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1996-13 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Kate's affair -- proof?

From: violet@slip.net
Date: Fri, 8 Mar 1996 18:44:18 -0800
Subject: Kate's affair -- proof?
To: love-hounds@gryphon.com
Sender: owner-love-hounds@gryphon.com

Andrew commented:
>Violet reminisces:
>
> >  But I notice it didn't wear her out too much keep her
> > from having that torrid, less-than-discreet affair with
> > then-married Peter Gabriel during the three-month UK
> > leg of the tour!

>IED cannot dispute the account of Kate's deplorable pre-HoL
>days with Waits, but the above rumor remains entirely
>unsubstantiated.

Well Andrew, let's not forget about that raunchy photo of P & K together in
Paris that graced the covers of all the British ragmags.  But photos HAVE
been faked in the past, so I am willing to admit that it is entirely
possible that it never happened.  However, look at the way they're groping
each other in that "Don't Give Up" video!  Oh, it might LOOK subtle, but
God only knows WHAT'S really going on under those trench coats!  Judge for
yourself.  Frankly, I find it a bit shocking.

As Norman points out:
>>Speaking for myself, it was on the Whole Story tour I first got to see
>>her grace the stage right at the Hollywood Bowl.   Well, on that set
>>she was actually opening up for Peter Gabriel on his "So" tour and
>>their performance of "Another Day" was unmatchable to the version on
>>those boots out there.  It was at that concert that she sang "Rocket
>>Man" for the first time, but she performed it with the fairlight in
>>that one.  It was rather unique.
>>
>>But I didn't notice anything beyond mutual affection when they did
>>their duets, though.  Kate's surprise performance of "Brazil" was
>>phenomenal and she and Peter Gabriel then did all their duets that
>>have never been allowed in the public.

Aha, aha, aha -- even more "proof" perhaps?  Doesn't anyone find it telling
that, considering Kate's propensity for going on the road with her
paramours, she was opening for Peter on the "So" tour?  Maybe that's even
why they recorded a duet in the first place...as an excuse to then tour
together.  After all, he was married and they needed a valid reason for
being together day after day, night after night.  Pretty sneaky.

>And in one of the encores,
>>>only the truest of fans saw they got a treat when she did a song
>>>called "Scares Me Silly" with a guest guitar performance by Dave
>>>Gilmour, himself.

Norman, don't EVEN get me started on Kate and Dave!  She was only a kid
then, for Pete's sake, the lecherous old goat!

Violet

P.S. By the way, am I correct in recalling that there was quite a downpour
during that Holly Bowl show?  I seem to remember reading that Peter
launched into an acappella "Here Comes the Flood" that left the crowd in
tears.