Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1996-08 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: New demo lyric thoughts...

From: lombaeg@donald.interpac.be (Emmy May Lombaerts)
Date: Tue, 13 Feb 1996 11:08:26 GMT
Subject: Re: New demo lyric thoughts...
To: rec-music-gaffa@uunet.uu.net
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa
Sender: owner-love-hounds@gryphon.com

Hello everyone,

violet@bbs.np1.com wrote:

>RINFI THE GYPSY

>I don't think, however, that she is saying "Ooh long, long, long" at
>all.  I think she's only vocalising and singing "Ooh, no-oh-oh" as a cry
>of anguish at being left yet again.

   Good idea, and it would certainly fit with the general feel of
sadness and despair in that song.

>DALI

>Here is where I'm going in a completely different direction than any
>taken before.  The problem line:

>"You've seen your en-Dali...."

>Listen to it this way...

>"High, I can't see you
>Leave Senora Dali alone

    Great idea! It fits perfectly :)

>And higher still she keeps her gallery."

    To me it sounds a little like.. 'And I hear, still she keeps her
gallery'.. .

>I think the song is sung from the point of view of a mistress
>competing for some of Dali's time.  The "she" who keeps the gallery is
>the wife.  The first part may even, in fact, NOT be "High", but simply
>"Hi, I can't see you."  A secret love note, maybe?

    Hmm, maybe. At the moment, I'm trying to figure out which painting
she could be referring to. Maybe the song could be Kate's
interpretation of a certain Dali-painting.. I'll do some more delving
on that one, I think :)

>CRAFT OF LOVE

>I believe this firmly:

>"A big ROUND bubble of sensuality
>DARED to be burst,
>But worried about getting hurt"

>RARE FLOWER

>"I'm not allowed to touch AND lust
>I've got to get a hold of myself, I must
>Doo-doo-n-doo-doo"

>"It's calling me with a MENACING WHISPER
>MAGICAL WORLD, ENCHANTING ME"

     yes, definitely.

>DAVY

>More thoughts not yet mentioned:

>"Your face seemed radiant
>THE WALL WAS TOO STEEP WITH A CRACK IN THE MOMENT
>AS I HELD YOU, oo-ooh

    I played this *REALLY*  loud this morning, and I still can't hear
it properly, but I keep trying.. If there were only a way to get rid
of that stupid echo. Any geniuses out there who know how to do that
stuff?

>And while LA-LA LA-LA-LA- LA-LA-LA Davy dozed,
>I close my eyes
>REALISING THE TIME IS CLOSE FOR US TO GO"

     I think it's just 'realise' not 'realising'.

              Great ideas, Violet! :) I'm curious to see what you
heard on 'Scares Me Silly'.

                  Love,

                         Emmy.

"Butterflies don't belong in nets" ~ Tori Amos
Emmy May Lombaerts
lombaeg@mail.interpac.be
http://www.dma.be/p/bewoner/Krd