Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1996-08 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

New demo lyric thoughts...

From: violet@bbs.np1.com
Date: 12 Feb 1996 07:00:08 PST
Subject: New demo lyric thoughts...
To: love-hounds@gryphon.com
Sender: owner-love-hounds@gryphon.com

I've been going crazy watching the lyric postings and not being able to
send my own.  (My boards had major e-mail bugs the past several weeks.)
I seem to have some ideas that no one has mentioned.  Forgive if I
repeat anything that's been figured already.

Also, forgive me if I don't use preferred titles;  I haven't yet gotten
around to changing them on my Cathy copy.  Here goes:

RINFI THE GYPSY

I do believe that the name is Rinfi and not Rinfrey.  For a VERY long
time, I thought she was saying Raafi, but that's in the past. :)

I don't think, however, that she is saying "Ooh long, long, long" at
all.  I think she's only vocalising and singing "Ooh, no-oh-oh" as a cry
of anguish at being left yet again.

DALI

Here is where I'm going in a completely different direction than any
taken before.  The problem line:

"You've seen your en-Dali...."

Listen to it this way...

"High, I can't see you
Leave Senora Dali alone
And higher still she keeps her gallery."

I think the song is sung from the point of view of a mistress
competing for some of Dali's time.  The "she" who keeps the gallery is
the wife.  The first part may even, in fact, NOT be "High", but simply
"Hi, I can't see you."  A secret love note, maybe?

CRAFT OF LOVE

I believe this firmly:

"A big ROUND bubble of sensuality
DARED to be burst,
But worried about getting hurt"

RARE FLOWER

"I'm not allowed to touch AND lust
I've got to get a hold of myself, I must
Doo-doo-n-doo-doo"

"It's calling me with a MENACING WHISPER
MAGICAL WORLD, ENCHANTING ME"

DAVY

More thoughts not yet mentioned:

"Your face seemed radiant
THE WALL WAS TOO STEEP WITH A CRACK IN THE MOMENT
AS I HELD YOU, oo-ooh

And while LA-LA LA-LA-LA- LA-LA-LA Davy dozed,
I close my eyes
REALISING THE TIME IS CLOSE FOR US TO GO"

That's all from me until I can get a new copy of "SCARES ME SILLY".
Mine was eradicated off the tape I had it on, and I can't get to the CD
at the mo.  I do have the lyrics for it that I wrote down years ago,
much different from what I've seen here, so I want to re-listen before
posting.  One difference of note that I would like to mention now so you
all can listen and check it out:  where I've seen here the line listed
as "How come you're scolding me?", I have something WAY different.  I
have "How can this girl be me?"  A non-agreement THAT off I just can't
let wait.  I'm dying to know if you hear it differently now. :)

Let me know what you think.

Truly,  Violet