Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1996-03 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: Ne T'enfuis pas

From: as010b@uhura.cc.rochester.edu (Andrew David Simchik)
Date: Fri, 19 Jan 96 21:06:20 GMT
Subject: Re: Ne T'enfuis pas
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa
Sender: owner-love-hounds@gryphon.com

In <9601190615.AA18180@rigel.cray.com> btd@carina.cray.com (Bryan Dongray) writes:

[someone asked]
>> Is the "narrator" a male or female?

>Isn't it fairly common for a "cat" to be considered female?

Not common enough, I daresay.  You might just as well note that
"chat" is masculine.

[snip]
>This is one of my favourites songs (both versions), but I always think
>the English words "Something'll happen I'll regret" are not sung in time,
>perhaps I'm just picky, "Je le regretterais" fits far better too,

I like "je le regretterais," but I remember that line rhyming with "...sit
and let," which would make the line "Something happen I'll regret."  If
you're hearing it the other way, no wonder it doesn't sound right!

Drewcifer
Andrew D. Simchik: as010b@uhura.cc.rochester.edu  (that's DREWCIFER to you!)
	http://www.cif.rochester.edu/users/schnopia/drew.html