Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1996-03 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: Symphony In blue 7" (blue vinyl) question

From: Ulrich Grepel <uli@zoodle.robin.de>
Date: Tue, 16 Jan 96 23:12:57 +0100
Subject: Re: Symphony In blue 7" (blue vinyl) question
To: figsk8tn@ix.netcom.com (Sklar Toy )
cc: rec-music-gaffa@uunet.uu.net
Sender: owner-love-hounds@gryphon.com

Hi!

Sklar answered my questions:
> Neither the promo nor the commercial release of "Symphony In Blue" on
> blue vinyl came with a picture sleeve.  The sleeve Uli mentioned for
> the yellow vinyl single of "Wow!" IS the picture sleeve.  The promo
> yellow vinyl single for "Wow" doesn't come with one.  All were released
> by Harvest Records and have (if in mint condition) sold for around
> $50US each.  Prices may have declined in the last few years due to her
> waning popularity (can blame it on the length of time inbetween
> albums).

First, thanks for the information.

Second, why is a big printed 'Wow!' a picture sleeve? I'd agree that it's
neither a blank nor a label sleeve, but a *picture* sleeve? Well...

Third, at least it's an individual, for-this-record-only sleeve.

Fourth, I'd like to have them ;-). That is, more than just the non-promo Wow.

Bye,

Uli

--
"Ein 32-Bit-Betriebssystem fuer uns?" - "Wozu? Wir haben doch zwei mit 16."
[IBM ad promoting OS/2] "Bah, ich habe 4 mit 8!" [comment from Sven Wachter]