Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1996-03 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: Symphony In blue 7" (blue vinyl) question

From: Ulrich Grepel <uli@zoodle.robin.de>
Date: Tue, 16 Jan 96 01:00:49 +0100
Subject: Re: Symphony In blue 7" (blue vinyl) question
To: Ronald.Girardin@Dartmouth.EDU (Ronald Girardin)
cc: love-hounds@uunet.uu.net
Sender: owner-love-hounds@gryphon.com

Hi ron!

> Did the Symphony In Blue blue vinyl 7" from Canada come
> in a picture sleeve?   I bought one for $7.99 ($CDN).
> Perhaps that's why it was so cheap.

Cnd-$ 7.99 ??????

Lucky bastard!

Well, as far as I know there are two versions of the single,
one is a promo issue, the other one isn't. Both are from
Canada, one has the catalog number P2 72807DJ, the other one just 72807.
As usual, these might be wrong. And as usual, I'd like to know more.

For once, I'd like to know which one you have, and what the record company
is.

Hmmm... as usual, I haven't looked into the Illustrated Collector's Guide
for compiling the discography (I still don't want to copy it). Looking into
it for answering your question, I see it's a single from Harvest.

To get nearer to an answer here let's say that I do own another colored
vinyl single from Harvest in Canada, namely the 'Wow' single on gold/yellow
vinyl, and it also didn't have a picture sleeve, though it did also not
have just a label sleeve. Instead there's a big 'Wow' printed on it.

What kind of sleeve does your single have?

Bye,

Uli

--
"Ein 32-Bit-Betriebssystem fuer uns?" - "Wozu? Wir haben doch zwei mit 16."
[IBM ad promoting OS/2] "Bah, ich habe 4 mit 8!" [comment from Sven Wachter]