Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1996-03 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Web Page: The Garden

From: stev0@zuni.chaco.com (stev0)
Date: Mon, 15 Jan 1996 22:41:02 -0800
Subject: Web Page: The Garden
To: love-hounds@gryphon.com
Sender: owner-love-hounds@gryphon.com

Most of the web pages I've reviewed thus far, with just
a minimal amout of work could easily become "The best"
Kate web resource.  I realize they each have different
aims, but folks love to compare things, I have no idea why.
Anyway, off all of these, none has more potential to be
"the best" than The Garden:

http://remus.rutgers.edu/~woj/garden/index.html

The reason for this is that long before there was The Web, IED's
"The Garden" was THE online source (besides lovehounds/
r.m.gaffa) for Kate Information:

ftp://ftp.uu.net/usenet/rec.music.gaffa/kb/garden/

In fact, it's STILL a must-get.

What Woj so far has HTMLized he's done a smashing
top-notch excellent job.  Unfortunately, he never got
around to HTMLizing the most important part:  The lyrics!
There are now other pages that have them, or you can
just ftp them (even directly from Woj's page), so it's not
THAT big a deal, but still...

Another favorite part of The Garden is Peter Fitzgerald-
Morris's chronology of Kate (heavily annotated by IED),
and an amazingly complete discography. Unfortunately,
Woj was a bit too literal in his webbifying it, and didn't do
even a brief update, so Kate's career is shown as
mysteriously ending early 1990.

Still, there is more than enough here to keep the rabid
KateFan(tm) busy for hours:  The early poems of Kate,
Kate's contributions to the Kate Bush Newsletter, as
well as those of her brothers, and lots of amazing and
wonderful stuff you have to see.

However, out in this "Garden", it's only half of a  heaven.

Rating: *** 1/2 * (3.5 stars)

- One last one left...