Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1996-03 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: pat benatar!

From: Robb McCaffree <nsrjm@nursepo.medctr.ucla.edu>
Date: 16 Jan 1996 08:21:37 GMT
Subject: Re: pat benatar!
To: rec-music-gaffa@ucsd.edu
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa
Sender: owner-love-hounds@gryphon.com

freeform@aol.com (FreeForm) wrote:

>     When Pat and her band were on tour in Europe in 1979, they heard
> Kate's "Wuthering Heights" on a jukebox and liked it a lot and decided to
> do a remake.
>     During a radio interview once, I heard Pat say that she likes Kate's
> music a lot. I'm not sure if that "kick inside" line in "All Fired Up" is
> a Kate reference or not.
>     free

	Cool! I didn't know this, and am glad to hear it. Pat and Kate
are my two faves -- and I wish either one of them could make an inroad
to the current American mainstream.
	I'd also like to hear Pat's vocal over a more true-to-form
version of WH. The guitars were powerful and passionate, but...
	Does anyone know if Kate has said anything about this or any
other remake of one of her songs? I know she said she was flattered by
Utah Saints' "Something Good," but that's not exactly a remake.

	Robb