Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1996-03 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: Alain Stivell

From: Robb McCaffree <nsrjm@nursepo.medctr.ucla.edu>
Date: 16 Jan 1996 08:27:59 GMT
Subject: Re: Alain Stivell
To: rec-music-gaffa@ucsd.edu
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa
Sender: owner-love-hounds@gryphon.com

E.L.Brookfield@mmu.ac.uk (E L BROOKFIELD) wrote:

> Do you remember the harpist Alain Stivell who played on The Sensual
> World album?
> I remember that Kate co wrote and sang on one track of one of
> his albums... well I found it in HMV the other day priced about stlg7.00.
> Is it worth buying just for this one track or not?

I have it and almost never listen to it. Kate's vocal contributions
are limited to an occasional "ooooooooaaaaaaaah" and the music is a
bit plodding. 'Kimiad' was not written by Kate, but is rather an old
traditional Irish song. She did, however, produce this one track, so
it is worth hearing, though probably not worth handing over $15 (or
the L equivalent) to own.

Robb