Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1996-03 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: Symphony In blue 7" (blue vinyl) question

From: figsk8tn@ix.netcom.com (Sklar Toy )
Date: 16 Jan 1996 16:34:55 GMT
Subject: Re: Symphony In blue 7" (blue vinyl) question
To: rec-music-gaffa@uunet.uu.net
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa
Sender: owner-love-hounds@gryphon.com

In <m0tbypW-000G2AC@zoodle.robin.de> uli@zoodle.robin.de (Ulrich
Grepel) writes:

>Hi ron!
>
>> Did the Symphony In Blue blue vinyl 7" from Canada come
>> in a picture sleeve?   I bought one for $7.99 ($CDN).
>> Perhaps that's why it was so cheap.
>
>Cnd-$ 7.99 ??????
>
>Lucky bastard!
>
>Well, as far as I know there are two versions of the single,
>one is a promo issue, the other one isn't. Both are from
>Canada, one has the catalog number P2 72807DJ, the other one just
72807.
>As usual, these might be wrong. And as usual, I'd like to know more.
>
>For once, I'd like to know which one you have, and what the record
company
>is.
>
>Hmmm... as usual, I haven't looked into the Illustrated Collector's
Guide
>for compiling the discography (I still don't want to copy it). Looking
into
>it for answering your question, I see it's a single from Harvest.
>
>To get nearer to an answer here let's say that I do own another
colored
>vinyl single from Harvest in Canada, namely the 'Wow' single on
gold/yellow
>vinyl, and it also didn't have a picture sleeve, though it did also
not
>have just a label sleeve. Instead there's a big 'Wow' printed on it.
>
>What kind of sleeve does your single have?
>
>Bye,
>
>Uli
>

>--
>"Ein 32-Bit-Betriebssystem fuer uns?" - "Wozu? Wir haben doch zwei mit
16."
>[IBM ad promoting OS/2] "Bah, ich habe 4 mit 8!" [comment from Sven
Wachter]

Neither the promo nor the commercial release of "Symphony In Blue" on
blue vinyl came with a picture sleeve.  The sleeve Uli mentioned for
the yellow vinyl single of "Wow!" IS the picture sleeve.  The promo
yellow vinyl single for "Wow" doesn't come with one.  All were released
by Harvest Records and have (if in mint condition) sold for around
$50US each.  Prices may have declined in the last few years due to her
waning popularity (can blame it on the length of time inbetween
albums).

Sklar
Los Angeles