Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1995-39 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: Nuffofthisfemmysh*te. >:-(>

From: Norman Buchwald <jbuchwald@huey.csun.edu>
Date: 9 Dec 1995 21:07:28 GMT
Subject: Re: Nuffofthisfemmysh*te. >:-(>
To: rec-music-gaffa@uunet.uu.net
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa
Sender: owner-love-hounds@gryphon.com

tyrell@ix.netcom.com (Kevin M. Brown) wrote:

>Jeezus is this group sad.

Well, I've just lost a close friend of my family.  But I'm usually
joyful, myself.  :P

  Making over ol' Bushy like you'd like to
>swill 40 ounces of her bathwater.

Please don't share us your fetishes with us.  :P

Goddess, fercryingoutloud?

I think Tori's called a Goddess more often on rmta, and I've seen a few
others called that on other newsgroups.  I think you're taking us too
seriously!  :P

If she
>were to read some of the obsessive, worshipful longings pecked out in
>some of these articles, she'd double the security at her mansion!

Believe me.  These aren't so obsessive as what I've seen or heard
elsewhere.  :P

>Keep your hormones under control and try to remind yourself that she's
>only human, for gawd's sake.

You must've read that other article.  But she IS more than human.  It's
supposed to be a secret, though.  ;)   Well, she's a gifted artist if you
want to be concrete about it.  Is that okay with you?  :P

  Her main contribution to humanity is her
>music and a fairly purty, painstakingly airbrushed face.  Sure as hell
>ain't her weirdass dancing.

Well her acting's a bit mediocre.  But she's toned down some of the
miming which after awhile gets to be too much.  I thought she danced well
in all the quick shots of "Rubberband Girl."  She probably performed best
in "Running Up That Hill."  Airbrushed face . . . hmm.  I'll go and
ignore that.

>Personally, I wish she'd cover some blues songs and put that baldass
>Skinhead O'Conner to shame (Am I Not Your Girl?  Hell no!).

Well, Kate Bush did cover "The Man I Love" by Gershwin (on the Glory of
Gershwin album.  Check it out.)  I have to admit Sinead becomes a turn
off after awhile when she's "political," but I like her and I think her
cover album was fairly good (better than her last album.  It was very
uneven and had only "moments.")

  I can
>dream of course.

We all have a dream . . . maybe?

  This girl's output is only slightly more than Ludwig
>Van Beethoven's, and he has the luxury of having been dead for a couple
>of centuries.

Well, that's very praiseworthy.  I guess you shouldn't get so many flames
then.  :)

>Kate, get off your butt and do some Gottdamn albums!

Well, there was a rumour on here (and Homeground I think confirmed it?)
that Kate is currently recording her next album.  But that doesn't mean
much.  It could not be out for at least three years.  Which is fine.
Kate strives for perfection until she thinks it's all that she can do.
Kate should take her time.  I'm a writer myself, and I find sometimes
that a month (even six months ;)    ) of a break is what I need.

                                                      Stormin' Norman

                          Ooh, it's quiet inside.  Here in Oscar's mind.