Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1995-22 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Love-Hounds Digest #11.166

From: Love-Hounds-Request@uunet.UU.NET
Date: Sun, 9 Jul 1995 12:00:08 -0400
Subject: Love-Hounds Digest #11.166
To: Love-Hounds@uunet.UU.NET

In this digest:
                                      TIM
                       Katemas Parties List - Updated 7/8
                       personal service, 1-800-559-6558.
                             Rare Kate poster?!?!?
                        Re: Cocteau Twins/Personal chat
                           Re: Cloudbu(r)sting, etc.
                           Re: Rare Kate poster?!?!?
                          Can you help me find ASTA-L?

* To unsubscribe send a message containing your request to
  Love-Hounds-request@uunet.uu.net.  Messages sent to the
  list proper will be disregarded.

Date: Sat, 8 Jul 1995 13:43:54 -0300 (ADT)
From: Fiona McQuarrie <fmcquarr@upei.ca>
To: "Kate (list) Bush" <love-hounds@uunet.uu.net>
Subject: TIM

I suspect dates for the Innocence Mission would only be of interest to
this group if Kate were the opening act.

Just a thought,
Fiona

------------------------------

Date: Sat, 8 Jul 1995 10:07:27 -0700 (PDT)
From: "Karen L. Newcombe" <kln@crl.com>
To: love-hounds@uunet.uu.net
Subject: Katemas Parties List - Updated 7/8

ADDED PARTY IN PORTLAND!

when          where              who              for details contact:

Sun. 7/16/95  Chicago, IL        Chip Lueck &     chip-1@nwu.edu or
                                 Valerie Nozick   (312) 262-4026

Sat. 7/29/95  Boonton, NJ        Meredith & woj   meth@delphi.com or
                                                  woj@remus.rutgers.edu

Sat. 7/29/95  Portland, OR       Michael Bowman   bvmi@odin.cc.pdx.edu

Sun. 7/30/95  Boston, MA         Nancy            TPerry@vmsvax.simmons.edu

Sun. 7/30/95? San Francisco, CA  Bill Wisner      wisner@uunet.uu.net

To have your party added to this list e-mail your info to kln@crl.com

For more information on these parties, contact the hosts directly.

Karen kln@crl.com

------------------------------

To: rec-music-gaffa@uunet.uu.net
From: jjhhggff <102372.3065@CompuServe.COM>
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa,rec.music.gdead,rec.music.indian.classical,rec.music.indian.misc,rec.music.industrial
Subject: personal service, 1-800-559-6558.
Date: 8 Jul 1995 17:56:19 GMT

Personal service for Adults only.
Blonde Girls 1-800-559-6557.
Black Girls  1-800-559-6558.
Two Girls Together 1-800-559-6554.

------------------------------

To: rec-music-gaffa@cs.washington.edu
From: magus@big12.metrobbs.com (magus)
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa
Subject: Rare Kate poster?!?!?
Date: Sat, 08 Jul 1995 14:54:32 -0500

I'm getting ready to move and while doing so a fellow Kate fan freaked out
when he saw the poster which, until then, was never out of the original
plastic. I found it at a going out of business sale for a record store and
though I'd frame it for my new room.

It's of Kate in a workout liatard. Well, he was simply dumbfounded and
stated how it was super hard to get, etc., etc., drolling, etc., etc., she
should do a workout video, etc., etc., breath in, breath out, etc., etc..
;)

Anyway, was just wondering if I shouldn't REALLY take extra care when
getting this poster framed.

------------------------------

To: rec-music-gaffa@uunet.uu.net
From: "Donald B. Treadwell" <ltbear@ix.netcom.com>
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa
Subject: Re: Cocteau Twins/Personal chat
Date: 9 Jul 1995 01:55:49 GMT

If you like the Cocteau Twins, you might like to check out
This Mortal Coil, the lead singer is the same person, Liz Frazier.
thx  P.guru using ltbear's system.

------------------------------

To: rec-music-gaffa@uunet.uu.net
From: Daniel Kian Mc Kiernan <dmckiern@weber.ucsd.edu>
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa
Subject: Re: Cloudbu(r)sting, etc.
Date: Sat, 8 Jul 1995 20:20:09 -0700

On Sat, 8 Jul 1995, Peter Chow wrote:

] kevinbryan@aol.com (KevinBryan) wrote:
]
]] That's interesting -- when I first heard the song I assumed she was
]] referring to Aristotle's _Organon_, wherein he talks about physical
]] processes such as weather.
]
] Now there's an interesting thought. She got the goods from a book
] about Wilhelm Reich but he may have come up with the name for his
] ranch 'Organon' as you describe.

The Organon is =not= about physical processes =per se=; it is part of
Aristoteles's attempt to codify the principles of logic. (If anyone
wants me to go on about Aristoteles (aka "Aristotle") and Greek here,
then let me know.  My experience is that some people are annoyed by
such stuff.)

          It's always Dark.  Light only hides the Darkness.

          Daniel Kian Mc Kiernan           (619) 535 - 0546
          athanatos@UCSD.edu   132.239.147.2    <75013,676>

------------------------------

To: rec-music-gaffa@uunet.uu.net
From: David Benson <dobenson@acy.digex.net>
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa
Subject: Re: Rare Kate poster?!?!?
Date: 9 Jul 1995 07:13:12 GMT

It's really hard to say. I've got several Kate
posters,
most of which I found out were quite difficult to
obtain.
  But it's all in the thought. If you believe that
Kate is a genius, then what the poster may be worth
to someone else (as far as monetary gain goes) is
meaningless; it's valuable to you.
  Me? I don't even want to know what the posters,
CDs,
and images that I've collected (and posted at:
http://www.acy.digex.net/~dobenson/benson.html)
are worth. All that matters is spreading the word
of genius.
  And that's what Kate is. And why we're all here at
gaffa. Not to make money, but to understand, spread
the word, and enjoy the music/lyrics/madness that
that we're lucky enough to be alive to hear.

David

------------------------------

Date:    Sun, 09 Jul 95 04:21 EDT
From: Jay Jacob Wind <JWJ%NCCIBM1.bitnet@mitvma.mit.edu>
To: drsma%DARTCMS1.bitnet@mitvma.mit.edu
Subject: Can you help me find ASTA-L?

I'm looking for the LISTSERV address of a mail-list called
ASTA-L
This is the list for American String Teachers Association.
in a string teachers newsletter, but there's no such place as CMSU.EDU.

If you know of ASTA-L, can you send me the correct address?
Please reply directly to me, rather than to the list.

Thank you, and my apologies for cross-postings.
-- Jay Wind
   Computer-literate husband of a string teacher in Arlington VA
   JWJ@NCCIBM1.BITNET

End of Love-Hounds Digest #11.166