Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1995-22 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: Cloudbu(r)sting, etc.

From: Daniel Kian Mc Kiernan <dmckiern@weber.ucsd.edu>
Date: Sat, 8 Jul 1995 20:20:09 -0700
Subject: Re: Cloudbu(r)sting, etc.
To: rec-music-gaffa@uunet.uu.net
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa

On Sat, 8 Jul 1995, Peter Chow wrote:

] kevinbryan@aol.com (KevinBryan) wrote:
]
]] That's interesting -- when I first heard the song I assumed she was
]] referring to Aristotle's _Organon_, wherein he talks about physical
]] processes such as weather.
]
] Now there's an interesting thought. She got the goods from a book
] about Wilhelm Reich but he may have come up with the name for his
] ranch 'Organon' as you describe.

The Organon is =not= about physical processes =per se=; it is part of
Aristoteles's attempt to codify the principles of logic. (If anyone
wants me to go on about Aristoteles (aka "Aristotle") and Greek here,
then let me know.  My experience is that some people are annoyed by
such stuff.)

          It's always Dark.  Light only hides the Darkness.

          Daniel Kian Mc Kiernan           (619) 535 - 0546
          athanatos@UCSD.edu   132.239.147.2    <75013,676>