Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1995-22 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: Cocteau Twins/Personal chat

From: akmonday@uclink3.berkeley.edu (Anthony Kyle Monday)
Date: 9 Jul 1995 18:55:48 GMT
Subject: Re: Cocteau Twins/Personal chat
To: rec-music-gaffa@agate.berkeley.edu
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa

In article <3tncv5$inc@ixnews6.ix.netcom.com>, "Donald B. Treadwell"
<ltbear@ix.netcom.com> wrote:

> If you like the Cocteau Twins, you might like to check out
> This Mortal Coil, the lead singer is the same person, Liz Frazier.

THis isn't exactly true. Liz did the vocals on two songs on TMC's first
album, "It'll End In Tears." They're painfully beautiful tracks (Tim
Buckley's "song to the siren" and Roy Harper's "Another Day," a song I
think most of us here have heard of!), far outshining anything else TMC
did on their other two albums. TMC are not a band, per se, but a
collection of artists who recorded on 4AD doing covers of obscure songs,
which often went awry, IMO.
I do however, recommend the first album very, very much.

         Anthony Kyle Monday           /
e-mail: akmonday@uclink3.berkeley.edu / "Jai un a^me solitare"