Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1995-18 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: Hi! I'm Back Online!

From: Ulrich Grepel <uli@zoodle.robin.de>
Date: Sat, 10 Jun 95 20:15:34 +0200
Subject: Re: Hi! I'm Back Online!
To: mikael.jakonen@mailbox.swipnet.se (Mikael Jakonen)
cc: love-hounds@uunet.uu.net

Hi Mikael, and welcome back!

> I recently got hold of a copy of the Love-Hounds-Collection.
> (Thanks again, Adrian. Sorry for all the trouble.)
> Neither picture nor sound had the quality I expected, but that is of minor
> consequence. I guess that is because of all copying, and with that I don't
> just mean the wear-out of the master at the local dubbing-site, but some of
> the recordings were OLD, so the quality must have been bad even before
> Chris got his hands on them.

Well, at least some of it (Christmas Special 'Kate', December Will Be Magic
Again video, Delius video and some more things) definitely were like first-
generation-with-a-modern-and-new-hifi-PAL-vhs-vcr quality. I've heard other
complains about quality in the European PAL-branch of the distribution tree.
Which is a pity. The sources are almost all very good to excellent. I'd do
something about this if both of these were true: a) I would have to have a
second hifi vcr and b) I would have to have more time. The first reason is
more important. Visit me, bring-a-long your good vcr, and we can make a good
dub of some of the stuff. Better than the S-VHS submasters of the tree ;-).
(I do NOT have a copy of the collection-as-it-is, just all the clips except
a very minor one, but scattered across a multitude of tapes.)

> Anyway, I really do enjoy this tape. I have prepared a copy to a friend of mine,
> who's even more into Bush than me, for his birthday. He doesn't know what it is
> yet, but I accidently mentioned it to a close friend of ours. Fortunetly enough
> he realised what this present would mean so he has kept his mouth closed.
> Marcus (to whom I will give the tape) only knows of the present's importance to
> his future life, so he's almost freeking out in anticipation...

;-)

Bye,

Uli

--
"Ein 32-Bit-Betriebssystem fuer uns?" - "Wozu? Wir haben doch zwei mit 16."
[IBM ad promoting OS/2]