Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1995-11 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: the neKTar flows again

From: WretchAwry <vickie@pilot.njin.net>
Date: Wed, 29 Mar 95 9:49:59 EST
Subject: Re: the neKTar flows again
To: Love-Hounds@uunet.uu.net
Loves: Kate Bush..Happy Rhodes..Jane Siberry..Tori Amos..Peter Gabriel..

>  > So was it really her? Did millions of people actually
>  > hear Kate last night, but most didn't know it?
>
> IED is assured by John Light that Kate's voice was
> clearly identifiable in the new ad for Fruitopia's new
> Iced Tea flavor.

Chris and I validate that.  I don't think a non-Kate fan, or even
a casual Kate fan would have identified it as her, but it definitely
was.  Only one ad was shown, but it was in a good spot.  It was
shown about an hour into the telecast (good because lots of people
miss the beginning and the end) and was the last in a series of
commercials (good because people would have gone to the bathroom
or kitchen and been settled down again by the time it came on).

Yes, many millions of people did hear Kate during the Oscars.
How exciting!  (Too bad "This Woman's Work" wasn't nominated
at the time though...I'm still kinda bitter about that)

Vickie (thankful for Kirsty MacColl, because if we hadn't gone to
        see her *wonderful* concert, I wouldn't have set the timer
        to record the Academy Awards.)