Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1995-11 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

** AZ Worship Music Conference **

From: kgentes@ws05.iac.honeywell.com (Kim Anthony Gentes)
Date: 29 Mar 1995 15:12:07 GMT
Subject: ** AZ Worship Music Conference **
To: rec-music-gaffa@uunet.uu.net
Newsgroups: rec.music.classical.guitar, rec.music.classical.performing, rec.music.classical.recordings, rec.music.compose, rec.music.country.western, rec.music.dementia, rec.music.dylan, rec.music.early, rec.music.folk, rec.music.funky, rec.music.gaffa, rec.music.gdead, rec.music.indian.classical, rec.music.indian.misc, rec.music.industrial, rec.music.info, rec.music.makers, rec.music.makers.bagpipe, rec.music.makers.bands, rec.music.makers.bass, rec.music.makers.builders

** AZ Worship Music Conference **

Folks,

   This is a notice for a Christian Music Conference in Arizona,
   dealing specifically with worship music.

   If you are a Christian :

	o- songwriter *
	o- musician *
	o- singer *
	o- music minister *
	o- worshiper *
	o- or ANYBODY wanting to learn about or experience
	   Christian Worship Music!

   You may be interested in this post.  If you are interested READ ON!

[------------------- PRETEND THERE IS A PAGE BREAK HERE --------------------]

	---- OPEN THE HEAVENS -----
	Vineyard Worship Conference

		ANDY PARK
		CINDY RETHMEIER
		BRIAN ANDERSON

		APRIL 27-29, 1995
		EAST VALLEY VINEYARD
		MESA, ARIZONA

[------------------- PRETEND THERE IS A PAGE BREAK HERE --------------------]

OPEN THE HEAVENS

PURPOSE OF CONFERENCE
"Equipping the saints to do the worship ministry"

The primary purpose of this conference is to train and release people to
worship God.  Additionally, it is designed to equip those persons called
into worship ministry/leading.  To accomplish this, the conference will
cover topics such as "Centrality of Worship", "Worship in The Church",
and "Worship: A Window To Heaven".

To learn these truths, our prayer is that God will "Open The Heavens"
and visit us with His presence.  To facilitate this, we will have a
number of extended times of worship.

THE SPEAKERS
We are delighted to have some of the Vineyard's finest worship
leaders/speakers at this conference.  All three have extensive
experience in the area of ministering in, or teaching on, worship.

ANDY PARK
Andy is the worship pastor at Anaheim Vineyard and a prolific songwriter.
He has been leading worship in Vineyard churches for 17 years.  Before
coming to Anaheim in 1992, he was the senior pastor of the Surrey
Vineyard in British Columbia, Canada, and prior to that an assistant
pastor at Langley Vineyard.  Andy's role at Anaheim involves training
and nurturing worship leaders and worship team members.  He has traveled
to various countries to lead worship and teach on worship leading.  Andy
has been the featured worship leader on many of the Vineyard Touching
the Father's Heart worship projects including, "Take Our Lives",
"Devoted To You", and "The River Is Here".  Andy and his wife, Linda,
reside in Anaheim, California with their five children.

CINDY RETHMEIER
Cindy is one of the prominent worship leaders at Anaheim Vineyard.  She
has been in the Vineyard since 1978 and has written many songs for the
Vineyard worship recordings.  Cindy was the worship leader for the Yorba
Linda Vineyard from 1984 to 1988.  She has also written several
children's worship songs and recently recorded a new children's worship
album for Vineyard Music Group.  Cindy's has a heart to see women
trained, equipped and released in worship leading.  Cindy is the
featured worship leader on the new Touching the Father's Heart worship
project "Spirit Of The Sovereign Lord".  Cindy is married and resides
in Yorba Linda, California were she home schools her two children.

[------------------- PRETEND THERE IS A PAGE BREAK HERE --------------------]

BRIAN ANDERSON
Brian is the founding pastor of Vineyard Christian Fellowship of North
Phoenix which is located in Phoenix, AZ.  Brian and his wife, Thora,
planted VCFNP as a home Bible Study with only a few people in September
1985.  It has steadily grown over the years into a congregation of
800-900 people.  VCFNP has also planted two other churches in the
Phoenix area out of their congregation.  Brian has a passion for prayer
and the Word of God.  He desires to expand the Kingdom of God through
training others to do the works of Jesus Christ wherever they are.  God
has used Brian to impart to people all over the world a greater hunger
for prayer, the Word of God, holiness and renewal.  Brian and Thora
have ministered in the U.S., England, Ireland, Scotland, Japan, Mexico,
Australia, and South Africa.  Brian is a Regional Overseer for the
Association of Vineyard Churches (AVC) and he also serves on the Board
of Directors for AVC of which John Wimber is the President.

WORKSHOPS
o- Women In Worship Leading I & II
o- Basic Principles of Worship Leading I & II
o- Leading Children's Worship
o- The Heart of Songwriting
o- Worship and the Prophetic
o- Building Worship Teams / Unity in Worship

[------------------- PRETEND THERE IS A PAGE BREAK HERE --------------------]

REGISTRATION FORM

Early Registration (by Mar.31, 1995)
[ ] Individual			$25
[ ] Married Couple		$40
[ ] Families (3 or more people),
    number of people [  ]	$20/person

After March 31, 1995
[ ] Individual			$30
[ ] Married Couple		$50
[ ] Families (3 or more people),
    number of people [  ]	$25/person

Full Registration Fee is required to enroll.

Please use separate form for each registrant, except couples.

No Refunds after Registration has been processed

Please print or type:
Home Church____________________________________
Name___________________________________________
Address________________________________________
City______________State________Zip_____________
(   )_______________  (   )____________________
Home Phone            Work Phone

I have enclosed $___________
Make check payable to East Valley Vineyard.

Please mail to:
OPEN THE HEAVENS
East Valley Vineyard
1731 W. Baseline Rd. #109
Mesa, AZ  85202

OFFICE USE ONLY
Date Rec'd____________
Amnt. Pd._____________
Reg.__________________

** Register early, as the space for this conference is limited to 180
seats in the sanctuary. **

[------------------- PRETEND THERE IS A PAGE BREAK HERE --------------------]

HOTEL ACCOMMODATIONS
We have contacted five hotels in the immediate area of the conference
for information and rates.   Some quotes are regular rates, while others
are provided specifically to our conference attendees.  Because of this
when making reservations, be sure to identify yourself as a delegate at
the Vineyard Worship Conference in order to receive the best rates
possible. See map for hotel locations (see reverse side panel).

[email editor's note:obviously we have no good map in email format- if
you'd like a complete brochure with map, contact the church at the
address/phone listed. An ASCII map is provided at the end of this
information, but it does not include the hotels].

1.  Dobson Ranch Inn & Resort
    1666 S. Dobson Rd.
    Mesa, AZ  85202
    (602)831-7000
    Wed/Thurs: $57.00 single/night+tax;
               $59.00 double/night+tax
    Fri/Sat: $52.00 single/night+tax;
             $54.00 double/night+tax
    Includes full buffet breakfast
    Within walking distance

2.  Quality Inn
    951 W. Main
    Mesa, AZ  85201
    (602)833-1231
    $65.00  single/night+tax;
    $79.00  double/night+tax;
    Includes deluxe continental breakfast

3.  Holiday Inn
    1600 S. Country Club Dr.
    Mesa, AZ  85210
    (602)964-7000
    $109.00  single/night+tax;
    $10.00 each additional person
    up to 4 people;

4.  Motel 6
    1511 S. Country Club Dr.
    Mesa, AZ 85210
    (602)834-0066
    $37.95  single/night+tax;
    $42.95  double/night+tax;

5.  Days Inn
    333 W. Juanita Ave.
    Mesa, AZ 85210
    (602)834-8900
    $72.00  single/night+tax;
    $81.00  double/night+tax;

[------------------- PRETEND THERE IS A PAGE BREAK HERE --------------------]

LOCATION

Following is the location, and contact address, for the "Open The
Heavens" conference.

Location:
	East Valley Vineyard
	Coppertree Plaza
	1731 W. Baseline Rd. #109
	Mesa, Arizona  85202
	(602)838-6332

	Coppertree Plaza
	(Corner of Pennington and Baseline)

An ASCII map (you must use NON-proportional font to view this map) :

I-10=========  Mill  Rural McClintock  Price  Dobson
           ||    |    |       |          |      |
           ||    |    |       |          |      |
           ||    |    |       |          |      |
           ||    |    |       |          |      |  Superstition Fwy.
           ================================================ I-60
           ||    |    |       |          |      |
           ||    |    |       |          |      |
           ||    |    |       |          |      |
       I-10||    |    |       |          |      | Pennington
           ||    |    |       |          |      |  |
           ||    |    |       |          |      |  |
           ||    |    |       |          |      |  |
Baseline---||--------------------------------------+---------Baseline
           ||    |    |       |          |      |  |     |
           ||    |    |       |          |      |  |    X| <-+
           ||    |    |       |          |      |  | ----+   |
           ||    |    |       |          |      |            |
           ||    |    |       |          |      |       Coppertree
                                                       Plaza, #109

[------------------- PRETEND THERE IS A PAGE BREAK HERE --------------------]

DATE / SCHEDULE

The conference will take place on April 27-29. The schedule is
as follows:

o- Thursday,  April 27 :
   *  12:00-2:00pm - Registration
   *  2:00-4:30pm - General Session
   *  7:00-9:30pm - General Session
o- Friday,  April 28 :
   *  9:00-10:00am - Worship & Ministry Time
   *  10:15-11:45pm - Workshops
   *  1:30-2:20am - Worship & Ministry Time
   *  2:30-4:00pm - Workshops
   *  7:00-9:30pm - General Session
o- Saturday,  April 29 :
   *  9:00-10:00am - Worship & Ministry Time
   *  10:15-11:45pm - Workshops
   *  1:30-2:20am - Worship & Ministry Time
   *  2:30-4:00pm - Workshops
   *  7:00-9:30pm - General Session

CHILD CARE
No child care will be provided. Consequently, children will not
be allowed at the conference facility, except nursing babies.

--
Honeywell IAC, Phoenix, AZ      | My motto :                        |