Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1995-10 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: Kristen Hersh

From: rickter@world.std.com (Paul C Rickter)
Date: Thu, 23 Mar 1995 22:48:38 GMT
Subject: Re: Kristen Hersh
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa

chris600@aol.com (Chris600) writes:

>Kristin Hersh is fantastic...the other cd is called 'Strings' which has
>acoustic versions of some of the Hips and Makers tracks plus a
>few others. Don't forget she is also the singer for Throwing Muses.
>Thier cd's (which I think are even better than her solo stuff are):

>Throwing Muses
>Change Changed EP (Available on 4ad's 12inch compilation disc for 87)
>Fat Skier EP
>House Tornado (House tornado and fat skier are available together thru
>  british import cd)
>Hunkpapa
>Red heaven
>University

Just for the record, you missed "The Real Ramona" (between Hunkpapa and
Red Heaven) and their first EP is "Chains Changed."  Also, there's a
British import live CD called "The Curse" that came out in 1992 (around
the same time as Red Heaven.

If I had to tell someone one TM album to get, I'd say The Real Ramona,
though they're *all* good.

paul rickter                          "Relax, Don't Worry,
rickter@world.std.com                  Have a Homebrew!"