Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1995-05 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: Vinyl with two grooves

From: asteg@k12.oit.umass.edu (Albert Steg (Winsor))
Date: Mon, 13 Feb 1995 22:28:24 GMT
Subject: Re: Vinyl with two grooves
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa
Sender: usenet@k12.oit.umass.edu (USENET News System)

In a previous article, llovich@aol.com (Llovich) says:

>If you're into some intense groove-toying, the performer Boyd Rice has
>releases not only with multiple grooves (mastered at different speeds),
>but with multiple holes as well.
>
>For the trivial at heart, at least one release of the original European
>12" of M's "Pop Muzik" single was double-grooved. It was highly irritating
>back then in the late 1970s but now I actually enjoy randomness and
>applaud Kate for doing it.

A less adventurous example of groove-toying is on the end of the Heaven17
record _Penthouse_ (uh-oh--dare I say that around here?) & Pavement_.

The final track , "We're Going to Live for a Very Long Time" culminated in a
never-ending grooove repeating the phrase "For a Very Long Time." Funy the
first time, and pretty irritating thereafter!

Albert
--
"When it was proclaimed that the Library contained all books,the
first impression was one of extravagant happiness. All men felt