Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1995-05 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: Double grooves!

From: lrose@rmii.com (Larry Rose)
Date: 13 Feb 1995 22:09:19 GMT
Subject: Re: Double grooves!
To: rec-music-gaffa@uunet.uu.net
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa

Marcel Rijs (100276.2176@compuserve.com) wrote:
: Hi,
:
: Ronald.Girardin@Dartmouth.EDU (Ronald Girardin) writes:
:
: > Are there any other vinyl records out there that have this double
: > groove thing??
:
: Well, yes, there are, although no more with Kate.
: The double groove records I have are "Popmusic" by M (12"), with on
: the other groove a B-side song.
: And "Good thing" by the Fine Young Cannibals on 10", featuring the
: regular version with piano solo and an alternative version with sax
: solo. If I remember correctly there should also be a 12" double
: groove by the Blow Monkeys.
:
: Double groove records are usually very rare, and as far as I know
: these 3 (4) are the only ones ever made. But I could be wrong, if
: anyone knows I'm wrong, please enlighten me. (I'm somewhat of a
: record collector... :-)
:
: Regards,
:
: Marcel Rijs * "Conan the librarian" * Den Haag * The Netherlands

Monty Python's "Matching Tie and Handkerchief" is a 3-sided record.  On one
side is a normal single groove track, and on the other side, there are two
grooves.  In normal Python fashion, both sides of the disk are marked
Side 2.

--
Larry Rose                                      Mission Research Corporation
lrose@mrccos.com                                4945 N 30th St