Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1995-05 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: Double grooves!

From: Marcel Rijs <100276.2176@compuserve.com>
Date: 08 Feb 95 14:24:59 EST
Subject: Re: Double grooves!
To: <love-hounds@uunet.uu.net>

Hi,

Ronald.Girardin@Dartmouth.EDU (Ronald Girardin) writes:

> WOW! on the 12" single version of "The Sesnual World" on side-A,
> the record has 2 grooves...so depending on where the stylus
> falls, you'll here either the regular version of "The Sensual
> World" or the instramental version!!!
> Are there any other vinyl records out there that have this double
> groove thing??

Well, yes, there are, although no more with Kate.
The double groove records I have are "Popmusic" by M (12"), with on
the other groove a B-side song.
And "Good thing" by the Fine Young Cannibals on 10", featuring the
regular version with piano solo and an alternative version with sax
solo. If I remember correctly there should also be a 12" double
groove by the Blow Monkeys.

Double groove records are usually very rare, and as far as I know
these 3 (4) are the only ones ever made. But I could be wrong, if
anyone knows I'm wrong, please enlighten me. (I'm somewhat of a
record collector... :-)

Regards,

Marcel Rijs * "Conan the librarian" * Den Haag * The Netherlands
100276.2176@compuserve.com                          mfgr@sara.nl