Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1995-05 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: Vinyl with two grooves

From: llovich@aol.com (Llovich)
Date: 7 Feb 1995 19:34:36 -0500
Subject: Re: Vinyl with two grooves
To: rec-music-gaffa@uunet.uu.net
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa
Sender: root@aol.net

>Someone asked about vinyl with two grooves (on one side, of course!!). I
>don't know how common it is, but Marillion's last album 'Brave' was
released
>as a double vinyl LP with the final side existing as two grooves

If you're into some intense groove-toying, the performer Boyd Rice has
releases not only with multiple grooves (mastered at different speeds),
but with multiple holes as well.

For the trivial at heart, at least one release of the original European
12" of M's "Pop Muzik" single was double-grooved. It was highly irritating
back then in the late 1970s but now I actually enjoy randomness and
applaud Kate for doing it.

VanceMan

"Just saying it can even make it happen ...
    All I have to do is say it for you."
-- "Cloudbusting," K. Bush