Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1995-05 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Vinyl with two grooves

From: elloweag@aston.ac.uk (E.A.G.ELLOWAY)
Date: Tue, 7 Feb 1995 12:10:08 GMT
Subject: Vinyl with two grooves
To: rec-music-gaffa@uunet.uu.net
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa
Sender: news@sunserver1.aston.ac.uk

Someone asked about vinyl with two grooves (on one side, of course!!). I
don't know how common it is, but Marillion's last album 'Brave' was released
as a double vinyl LP with the final side existing as two grooves one with a '
happy' ending and one with an 'unhappy' ending (the album is a concept
album, but I won't go into it here, unless anyone wants me to). This might
not mean anything unless you have heard the album, but there you go.

I have also heard of records that you start playing from the inside (i.e.
the groove is the other way round). I think Megadeth did one of these.

I can't think of any other examples of strange grooves at the moment. Hope
this information interests you.

Ed