Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1994-40 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: titles to cathy demos correspondence

From: asteg@k12.ucs.umass.edu (Albert Steg (Winsor))
Date: Sat, 10 Dec 1994 17:14:18 GMT
Subject: Re: titles to cathy demos correspondence
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa
Sender: usenet@k12.ucs.umass.edu (USENET News System)

In a previous article, iedsri@aol.com (IEDSRI) says:

Regarding the scarce track "Organic Acid":

>     Two possible reasons suggest themselves for this track's omission
>from other collections:  first, it is longer than any other track; second,
>the prominence of John's spoken-word contribution may have detracted (in
>the minds of bootleggers) from the purity of Kate's music.
>
>-- Andrew Marvick (IED)

A third, somewhat cynical reason suggests itself to me: Why not leave off an
intriguing, lengthy cut from the first round of bootleg collections so that
a few years later you can use the track as a "draw" for a second round of
"rarities" collections, thus cashing in twice on the same material. How many
of us might by a new Kate Bootleg CD including this track and...whatever
else?  What a buncha saps we are!

...surprised it hasn't happened yet --luckily, I stumbled across a copy ofd
the vinyl and picked it up a few years ago..

Albert

--
"When it was proclaimed that the Library contained all books,the
first impression was one of extravagant happiness. All men felt