Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1994-40 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Love at first Kate

From: Garrick Twinney <G.Twinney@plymouth.ac.uk>
Date: 6 Dec 94 22:12:12 GMT
Subject: Love at first Kate
To: love-hounds@uunet.uu.net

Hello all,
    As everyone is recounting their first Kate experiances I thought
I'd do like wise.
    Firstly let me say that 19 months ago I would not of been able to
name a single KateSong ( no, not even WH or RUTH) and then it all
happened...
    Being a student I am not normally in the habit of buying albums
that I do not know as I can't really afford to buy (with CD prices
being what they are) an album that I'll rarely listen to but I just
got the idea that I might like this Kate Bush character and so (on a
whim) I brought 'Never Forever'.  I took it home and played, not
really knowing what to expect and up until that point I would never
of believed that anything could of had that effect on me.  I listened
to the album over and over throughout that evening and over the next
day or three brought the rest of the studio albums.
    Then came the singles collecting, Homeground, the videos and most
recently Love Hounds.
    Nothing before had ever effected me in this way, I had never felt
emotions before and through Kate's music I have met some wonderful
people without whom I feel I would be at a complete loss.
    Thankyou....

'We all share the same air' - Kate Bush

Garrick Twinney
gtwinney@plymouth.ac.uk